top of page


When you need and want to be legally established as the father of a child and you are not married to the mother of that child, you will need to file a petition for legitimation. In the State of Georgia, when legitimacy is not legally confirmed and there is no marriage to the mother, the father will not have the right to visitation with the child, have a voice in the child's life, or have the right to petition for shared custody; however, that father can be required to maintain payment of child support.

Establishing paternal legitimacy is in the best interest of the child and the father in the long run; especially if the parents of the child or children do not intend to marry each other.

The attorney will meet with you to discuss your current situation and to explain the process to file a petition to legitimate your child or children. The Law Office Felita Cornog offers legal representation for Legitimation Cases on a flat fee per case retainer.  Please submit your inquiry here to be contacted to discuss your case needs, next steps, and retainer fee.

At The Law Office of Felita Cornog, we offer Virtual Service so that you can retain us from the comfort of your home.

bottom of page